Thursday, September 23, 2010

Highly Stylized Throne Chair

Click photo to enlarge:
This is a scene from the world debut of the youth version of Starmites the Broadway musical called "Starmites Lite". I designed the set and lights here at Sloan Theatre. Look at Diva's throne room turntable upstage-right. You will see the cool science-fiction/fantasy style chair.

Here is the chair as it looked when I rented it from Triad Sceneshop. It was very dirty and very rusty. But you could tell someone put a lot of time into welding it together, possibly for a Shakespeare play. It came without a swivel base, so I built one out of one of my lighting booms.

I cleaned it up and spray painted it chrome color. When I returned the chair to Triad Sceneshop, I decided to include my boom base. However, if you use this chair, be sure you U-bolt the base to a platform like I did, or the chair might tip over.

Here, the manual turntable is revolving to reveal Diva and her Banchees in her throne room. You can see the throne behind her. (Click photo to enlarge it).

Please don't call me about this sci-fi/fantasy throne, it is stored in the Triad Sceneshop furniture storage room. Thanks, Dana

No comments:

Post a Comment